Thursday, April 1, 2010

Is Romney Behind the Eight Ball for 2012?

I expect to take some heat for criticizing Mitt in this piece. Mitt is always amusing with the strangeness of his spins, flips and excuses; which more than once, has a left me crossed-eye and scratching my head saying, “Huh?” “What did he say?”

Mitt’s current polls aren’t looking as healthy as he apparently thinks. The other potential opponents winning the polls, are not working the GOP circuit, or have said they are not going run. I wondered, what was in Mitt’s future for 2012?

I decided to dig out a half-forgotten crystal ball, from a decade’s old PTO fund raiser, and check out Romney’s 2012 prospects. O.k., it really isn’t a crystal ball, but one of those magic eight balls when turned upside down and right again, tells your future.

The ball predicted, Mitt would be in the race for the GOP nomination for president, but would concede to another Republican candidate.

This actually is great news for Romney! It gives Mitt plenty of time to come up with a truly bazaar concession speech that would leave people puzzled for years. Romney’s last concession speech left some in laughter when he said:

"If I fight on in my campaign, all the way to the convention, I would forestall the launch of a national campaign and make it more likely that Senator Clinton or (Barack) Obama would win," he said. "And in this time of war, I simply cannot let my campaign be a part of aiding surrender to terror."

Mitt’s campaign was aiding terrorist? His campaign was a surrender to terror? “I don’t get it”, I thought. Then I remembered, THAT movie came out….




http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=18772382

No comments:

Post a Comment