Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Romney's Word Games

W. James Antle, III in his blog today wrote, “ Mitt Romney: Pro-Choice? Who, Me?” on the American Spectator. Antle reported on Mitt Romneys interview with Don Imus, which went as follows:

DON IMUS: Talking with Mitt Romney here on the "Imus in the Morning" program. This book is called No Apology in the Case for America's Greatness. Now, when you changed your mind abortion and went from pro choice, I guess, to pro-life, what -- walk me through the, what caused that.

MITT ROMNEY: Well, you know, I never really called myself pro-choice, but I did say when I was running for governor that I would keep the law as it was.

ROMNEY: Look, I was pro-choice. I am pro-life. You can go back to You Tube and look at what I said in 1994. I never said I was pro-choice, but my position was effectively pro-choice. I changed my position. And I get tired of people that are holier-than-thou because they've been pro-life longer than I have.

After reading through Mitt interaction with Imus on American Spectator, Romney may have been hoping to leave people confused on his position. The reality of Mitt is, he is not an honest man.

It wasn’t too long ago in America; a man would pride himself on being taken for “his word”. Saying someone was “good for his/her word” was a mark of honor. It was a mark of honor, because one knew whatever the person said, they would stand by their word,one could rely on him/ her to do what they said, or do their best to stand by what they said. One could put trust in that person. Trust is important.

In the jaded jungle in America’s bejeweled elite, somehow for some, standing by one’s word is less than sleek, undesirable, maybe even deemed stupidity. In following Romney, one gets the impression this could be his view, that words are meant to deceive.

Romney on Abortion - 2002

No comments:

Post a Comment